Serves: serves about 3
– 6 eggs
– ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– handful of chopped leafy greens (sweet potato greens, or spinach)
– 1 small zucchini, sliced into thin coins
– 1 clove of garlic, minced
– (optional) pinch of smoked paprika
– 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
– handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
– fresh herbs – sage, thyme or basil
– salt & pepper
If you’re using a skillet larger than 10 inches, use 8 eggs instead of 6.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Whisk together eggs and almond milk with a pinch of salt. (For a fluffier frittata, blend in a blender). Set aside.
3. Heat an 8 or 10 inch skillet on the stove. Add a bit of olive oil, then add the chopped greens, zucchini, minced garlic, and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Cook for just a minute or so – until the greens wilt and the zucchini starts to soften. Add a pinch of paprika, stir, then add the eggs.
4. Add the tomatoes, more salt & pepper. Turn the stove off and slide your pan into the oven.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until eggs are just set.
6. During the last 5-ish minutes of cooking time, add sage and thyme on top. (If you’re using basil, add it just as the frittata comes out of the oven).
7. Remove from oven, let cool for 15 minutes (or more), then slice and serve. Add more salt & pepper to taste.
Photo & recipe from: https://www.loveandlemons.com/tomato-zucchini-frittata/