1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Grease a 9.5 inch round quiche ceramic dish with coconut oil and set aside.
3. In a saucepan add, under medium heat warm the olive oil.
4. Add the chopped garlic and onion, stirring often to fry until golden brown.
4. Add the frozen spinach, cover and reduce to low heat. Cook until the spinach are cooked through, soft and tender – about 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes, ideally using a mandoline vegetable slicer. Finely slice the sweet potatoes and arrange the slices on the pie bottom first. Make sure you cover all the bottom of the dish, leaving no empty space. For the border, cut the sweet potatoes in half to create a ‘flat’ bottom it will hold better and create a beautiful border crust.
6. Using a spoon spread the cooked garlic & spinach all over the sweet potatoes crust.
7. In another bowl beat the eggs, almond milk and nutmeg. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
8. Pour the egg mixture onto the quiche.
9. Add an handful of grated cheese on the top of the quiche if desired.
10. Cover the pan with foil paper and bake for 25 – 35 minutes.
11. It is cooked when the sweet potatoes are softer.
12. Serve immediately.
13. If leftover store in the fridge up to 4 days.
14. Rewarm in the microwave when needed.
15. Bake the spinach quiche for 35 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft/tender.
Photo & recipe from: http://www.sweetashoney.co/sweet-potatoes-crusted-spinach-quiche/