Hasselback Sweet Potatoes!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
– 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
– 1 Tablespoon olive oil (not extra virgin)
– 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary, or 1/2 tsp. fresh, plus more for garnish
– 2 lbs. (2-3 medium) sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
– 1 small shallot, peeled and sliced
– Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Combine coconut oil olive oil, and rosemary in a bowl.
3. Pour 1 tablespoon of butter mixture in the bottom of a 1-quart baking dish.
4. Arrange sweet potato slices vertically in the dish.
5. Add a slice of shallot between every few slices of sweet potato.
6. Brush top of sweet potatoes with remaining oil mixture.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Cover dish with foil and roast for 1 hour, covered, until sweet potatoes are tender. Feel free to brush on a bit more oil at the halfway mark, if needed.
9. Increase oven heat to 450 F. Remove foil and roast another 15-20 minutes, until browned.